Updating photos on your site or importing galleries doesn’t have to be difficult. Check out this step-by-step guide to update photos on your own site. Please send us a message if you have any questions. We would love to help.
Step by step posting photos guide
- Go to your site and log in with your given username and password. After logging in, you will be directed to the WP Dashboard.
- Click on the menu option “Galleries”
- Select the Gallery you wish to update.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page that loads and you will see an area called “Media”
- If you want to delete a photo from your gallery, simply click the white ‘X’ in the corner of the photo. NOTE: This will NOT delete the photo from the website, it will simply no longer be displayed in the galleries. I recommend performing this task when you don’t want the photo on the website and NEVER “permanently delete” a photo.
- To upload a new photo, click “Select Media”
- This will take you to all of your media stored on your website. If you are adding a photo already loaded on the website, find the photo, click on it and skip to step 9. To upload a new image select “Upload Files”
- Depending on your device, you will be prompted to select the photo(s) you want to upload. NOTE: You can upload as many photos at a time as you want. Once uploaded, your photo(s) will automatically be selected to be a part of your gallery.
- Don’t forget to update all the details of your photo. These are found in the right column of the image gallery. In the Caption field, enter the artist’s name. In the Alt Text section paste all of your Keywords. In the Description section enter your own description of the photo. Lastly, select a media category to help you find photos down the road.
- In the bottom right corner click “Add Media”
- This will take you back to your gallery page. Last step, scroll up to the top of your page and click “Update”. This will take about 3-5 seconds to update and you are ready to go.
Thank you for reading today. For more information on social media posting or digital marketing in general, check out our blogpage and feel free to comment or contact us with any questions.