0 comments

Trigger warning, my primary passion is writing, so when it comes to writing a blog, you have found my sweet spot. But does your website even need a blog? The answer to that question entirely depends on the functionality of your website. If you are looking to drive SEO results or educate your audience, then absolutely.

If you have a website just because someone once told you that you need website, then no. However, you might as well just shut down the site as it is not serving you like it should. Bottom line, your business needs a blog.

Stop here and partner

Writing a blog does not have to be expensive or difficult. If you would rather partner with a talented copywriter, then fear not, it’s easier than you think. Believe it or not, but copywriting is a multi-million dollar industry, so finding a good copywriter is not as hard or as expensive as it may sound.

Most copywriters early in their career will charge around $.10 per word. This cost typically does not cover posting, so you will want to make sure you know how to post to your page. Fear not, that is also simple and I cover it in the last section of this post. If you have a complicated industry, you might also incur research charges, but negotiations are always an option.

You will want to make sure your copywriter is good with deadlines, research, and has the ability to include your keywords into each blog. A good copywriter can incorporate at least 25% of your keywords into a post, and the other 75% into the SEO behind the post.

Keywords are essential for a blog

Your keywords list you created when figuring out your brand is essential to blogging and drives one of the reasons you need a blog. But first, the second reason you need a blog is to educate your ideal client. This is especially important if you have a complicated industry.

Often times, a customer can resolve their questions on your site by searching your blog long before wasting your resources with a phone call or email. As our world becomes more technologically advance, clients prefer to find their own answer before picking up the phone.

The most important reason, however, that you want a blog is to boost your SEO. As stated in the previous section, it is essential when blogging that your keywords make an often appearance. In digital marketing, the search engine algorithms will determine what business potential clients see first. The more often these keywords appear on your site, the more relevant to your industry Google thinks you are.

How often should I post a blog?

The answer to this question lies on how aggressive you want to be and how much money you are willing to spend. For a new website to launch, it is recommended that you have at least 3 blogs ready at go live.

As your company grows, you want to post at least once per week and then down the road, once per month. The key with posting is educating your audience on when they should expect an update. A blog is much like social media in that showing up consistently is very important to your audience.

How to post your blog masterpiece

If you went with WordPress.org for you platform, then congratulations, you made a choice that supports blog posting. The platform was designed to encourage blog posting. There are even free plugins to install that will evaluate your blog’s SEO and Readability scores.

For a WordPress site, you simply go to Post and select Add a new post. Write your post, pick your images, and follow the suggestions to improve your post. Like anything out there, you can upgrade many of the features to making your blogging easier. However, I recommend starting simple and upgrading as you go.

Thank you for reading today. For more information on social media posting or digital marketing in general, check out our blogpage and feel free to comment or contact us with any questions.


{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
>